|Results from around the region|
|29th Annual Behemoth Handball Tournament!! |
Pikes Peak YMCA @ 12/6/2018 - 12/8/2018
This is a singles tournament except for doubles in the 65+ / 70+ age brackets. (Players may enter a maximum of two events - however, time and space may limit some to one event)
Note: New Father/Son Doubles Bracket !!!
read more ...
- (published here on Monday, October 29, 2018)
|2018 Fall Traveling League|
The Fall Traveling League for 2018 is well underway!
Results of matches are posted each week by the team captains and available here where you can see who has been playing as well as a summary of wins and losses for each team. There is also a summary of just the wins/losses by team available here. The format of the league remains basically unchanged from last year:
- We have the same nine teams this year.
- Jeffco A & B, Mines and the Independents will all be playing at the APEX courts.
- The league starts on September 19th and concludes on November 14th.
Schedule available here
- Each team will have one “Bye” week.
- Position Day and the Toilet Bowl will be on December 1st.
- Position Day will be at the APEX courts and the Toilet Bowl will be at the DAC.
- The format is one doubles and one singles match for each Open, A, Contenders 1 & Contenders 2 classes for a total of 8 matches each night.
- Each match won is worth one point for the team during Fall League and Position Day play.
- The top four teams during the Fall League play on Position Day.
- The team with the most wins on Position Day will win the Fall League.
- The Fall League standings are the first tie breaker for Position Day.
- The lower five teams are eligible to play in the Toilet Bowl at the DAC on December 1st.
- (published here on Sunday, September 23, 2018)
|2018 Great Gorilla Results|
Congrats to all the winners at the 2018 Great Gorilla tourney! Dennis Madden submitted a very nice write-up with details of the players and rounds that led to final winners in each category. read more ...
- (published here on Sunday, February 18, 2018)
|2017 Fall League Position Day & Toilet Bowl|
Mike Kearney submitted a great write-up about the 2017 Traveling League "position day" where the league winners were decided, along with the awarding of the toilet bowl (trophy?). Read his submission and be proud! read more ...
- (published here on Wednesday, January 17, 2018)
|News from Chicago|Colorado had three junior players participate in the recently concluded 4 Wall Junior Nationals, and Bob Hickman submitted a great wrap-up about how they did.... read more ...
- (published here on Thursday, January 4, 2018)
|FaceBook Group for Colorado Handball|
Visit the Colorado Handball FaceBook
group where many of our members post photos and discuss issues related to playing in events and the clubs they belong to. read more ...
- (published here on Wednesday, March 1, 2017)
|Submit your handball news items|
Consider this your chance to get your handball related event, tourney results, or news items published on the most popular handball web site in the Rocky Mountain Region. Just send an email with your photos, comments, news, or event details to News@ColoradoHandball.com
- we will make room available for all submissions made in good faith - it is entirely free, you don't have to pay a cent.
Also note that if you are a dues paying member in the CHA (which automatically includes *everyone* who played in the 2012 fall traveling league) - you can submit a sky-scraper formatted ad and it will be rotated in to page views on our home page at no additional cost to you. Several members take advantage of this - you can see their ads along the right side by scrolling down the page. Sky-scraper format is 120 pixels wide by 600 pixels high - enough to grab serious attention from our site visitors. And it is a proven fact that handball players prefer to do business with other handball players before any unknown business entity, so it pays to get your business recognized. Just send your ad content to the same email noted above. - (published here on Sunday, April 14, 2013)
|Follow "HandballNews" on Twitter|
Many of our good members have told us that Twitter is a good way to send short updates to a group of interested people. Okay, so maybe we're not completely sold on the idea, but we are willing to give it a try. If you are interested in HandballNews items, you can follow our "tweets" which we promise to contain only items that apply to our handball community - no commercial ads will ever be accepted.
If you have a news flash that you want to share with the handball players following our twittering, then Tweet us and we will do our best to Retweet your item. You can also find us via your browser at:
Finally, you can search twitter for "HandballNews" (one word) to follow us. read more ...
- (published here on Thursday, February 25, 2010)